Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week 5: Thing 11

I explored the Web 2.0 awards list by browsing the topics and winners and was surprised to see that I had heard of many of them. I was already familiar with Craigslist and use it regularly. I decided to try a couple that I had heard of, but not used. I explored Yelp to look at reviews of restaurants and wineries in Petaluma where I live and think that would be very useful if you are visiting a new area and just trying to find new places to go near where you live. I had heard of Google Maps, but hadn't used it. I typed in Petaluma and was surprised to see my address pop up with a photo of my house!! I clicked on the photo and could then move the picture around to see up and down my street. That was really amazing!!! I will soon try out Pandora, as my husband and daughter love it. I know we will also be exploring many of the other sites in the upcoming activities. I think the Web 2.0 awards list is great- easy to use and very helpful.

No comments: