Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week 4: Thing 8

I set up a Google Reader account and then subscribed to the New York Times Book Review. I have checked this a few times and found it a little overwhelming. I also added the subscribe button in the Google Reader to my bookmarks bar which made adding other subscriptions very easy. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to get in this format and how much information I would need to manage, but I did subscribe to the 5 newsfeeds for this activity. In addition to the NYTimes site I added Unshelved, the library comic strip and the blogs of the other members of my team. This was very easy to do. I also went through a tutorial to give me a little more background on RSS feeds and why they are useful. I am sure I will be much more aware of them now and will probably add more as needed.

No comments: