Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 6: Thing 14

I searched the Technorati web site for "School Library Learning 2.0" and found 1 hit in posts and 0 in blogs. Still not sure if I did something wrong, but when I did the same search in Google with 1,060,000 hits, Bing with 25,800,00 hits and Yahoo with 11,500,110 hits, I realized that the searching system was very different, much more specific and must rely more on specific tags. I also looked at the link for the top 100 blogs (the popularity link wasn't working) and looked at the top 10 along with their tags. I wasn't surprised to see that many of the blogs had to do with technology and celebrities. Some had no tags, some had an extensive list. I had never looked at any blogs like that and was curious about the Huffington Post and Gizmoto (because it's been in the news recently). I think tagging is important to know about if you are promoting, following or researching blogs. Personally, I don't think I would use this, as I am not following, using or searching for any information in blogs at this time.

No comments: